We have a vision to put South Australia on the global map as the nation’s State of Science.
EXCITE is a 10-year strategy to place South Australia in the top quartile of OECD nations by 2030 for key measures of performance in the research and innovation value chain which are key to delivering better health, our climate smart goals and economic growth, employment and productivity, and transforming Adelaide into a Magnet City that attracts young wealth creators and global innovators.
The EXCITE Strategy harnesses Excellence, Collaboration, Innovation, Translation and an Enabled future workforce to grow South Australia’s economy and maintain our proud reputation as a centre of scientific excellence.
The EXCITE Strategy will:
- bring together leaders from across industry, government and education to ensure our brightest South Australians can access pathways to successful careers
- connect businesses with game-changing ideas to build our competitive advantage
- attract innovators with proven track records in delivering value to industries and communities
- ensure access to the major infrastructure, facilities and frontier technologies required to deliver new products, services and processes
- power up innovation and translation districts to broker new partnerships and establish knowledge transfer networks, set up technology capability hubs and develop the future workforce in priority industry sectors.