Quality Training and Hospitality College
Quality Training and Hospitality College are a multi-generational family-owned business is one of Australia’s largest and most respected private training providers in the Hospitality, Commercial Cookery and Management spaces. We provide training to international and domestic students, jobseekers and industry-based workers. Now in our 29th year we continue to grow and innovate with exciting initiatives such as:
- A state-of-the-art centre for training and administration
- Hospitality Jobs – a nationwide social media juggernaut
- Multi venue training facilities with sister company, Quality Events at the Adelaide Zoo
- Our exclusive Masterclass workshop series
- Chef’s Academy – a brand new, bespoke, customer facing venue in Sydney
- A holistic, in house designed Learning Management System
- Hospitality Hire – linking employers and jobseekers
Quality Training was born when founder Jim Finlayson saw a need for hands on training in the hospitality industry. As genuine participants in the industry, Jim had a vision of teaching not only technical skills and knowledge – but a strong focus on ATTITUDE. Jim’s vision included:
- Helping jobseekers gain employment by giving them skills, opportunity and confidence
- Helping existing staff gain additional skills, with excellent training facilities and materials
- Helping employers meet staffing needs, by determining industry needs through wide consultation, active industry participation and by employing the best trainers.
At Quality Training we pride ourselves on providing real outcomes for our students. Training takes place in a functioning hospitality environment under the mentorship of elite industry professionals such as:
- The Godfather of Australian-Asian Fusion cuisine, Cheong Liew
- Celebrity Chef and Tasting Australia Director, Simon Bryant
- Gardening Australia presenter, Sophie Thompson
- Chef, restaurateur, author and television presenter, Neil Perry
The Holistic Learning experience culminates with our biannual Charity Function.
The trying pandemic of 2020 and beyond has allowed Quality Training to innovate, develop new skills, grow and to reaffirm and our ethos of care and support for our staff students and friends.