Invest in skilled people and the future of your business
We’re working closely with business and industry to co-design innovative and strategic projects to drive apprenticeship growth in the state. In addition, we have expanded the scope of Skilling South Australia Projects to address the current workforce needs of industry as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic impacts.
Funded projects will:
- support industry sectors to retain, transition and mobilise workers
- upskill and re-skill displaced workers for areas in demand
- support strategic industry sectors to meet current and future workforce needs
- boost regional apprenticeships and traineeships
- increase representation of traditionally under-represented industry cohorts.
Support to take on apprentices
By taking on apprentices, we’re supporting business to:
- develop new skills and harness new perspectives
- guide, shape and mentor staff aligned to business needs
- stay competitive and sustainable by upskilling employees.
We’ve made it easier for employers to take on apprentices through:
- a streamlined employer registration and management process
- increased access and choice of subsidised training
- claims on the cost of equipment for apprentices to commence training
- higher allowance for regional apprentice to help with the cost of attending training
- access to additional learning support to help students overcome barriers to undertake and complete training.
Industry Skills Councils
- We’ve partnered with Industry Skills Councils to help shape SA’s future workforce.
- The councils are strengthening industry’s voice in skills and workforce development and ensuring training investment is aligned with our state’s industry priorities.
- The councils are there to listen to your insights into the training needs of your business and your industry.