Creating positive impact on our training system
Skilling South Australia has been delivering the skills that industry needs and getting more South Australians on the pathway to a sustainable career.
Under Skilling South Australia, our State has been leading the nation in new apprenticeship and traineeship commencements with nation leading results.
Highlights since Skilling South Australia’s launch in 2018 include:
Meeting our targets
- More than 44,000 new apprenticeship and traineeship commencements
- More than 2,400 employers have hired their first apprentice
- $200m to increase the uptake of apprentices and trainees
- Almost doubled the Subsidised Training List – now with more than 800 courses
- Creating apprenticeships in new industries
- Established the South Australian Skills Commission, bringing together the functions of the former Training and Skills Commission and Office of the Training Advocate
- Established seven Industry Skills Councils
- More than 200 skills projects co-designed with business and industry
- Building training provider capability through professional development for VET professionals and trainers
- Multi-faceted marketing campaign to successfully raise awareness of skilled career opportunities and enhance the perception of VET pathways